1951 TA21 Drop Head Coupe by Tickford
Leaving the Works on 21 September 1951 with a number of special features including an 8.5 Compression Ratio this car was then (6/2/56) fitted with twin SU Carburettors, re-bored with new pistons and crankshaft. First owner was B. Waterhouse of Bradford, it then had a couple of Lancashire based owners before its current Midlands based long term owner.
Introduced in the 1950 Motor show the TA was an important car for Alvis and had some well known owners and entries to the Monte Carlo Rally as part of its fanfare.
These cars are comfortable, handle well and with the successful three litre engine can keep up with modern traffic. This one is quicker than standard .
This car has been well maintained in recent years and has recently been brought up to the mark. It is ready for immediate and represents a wise purchase.